At Roberts Ferry Gourmet, we create Awesomely Delicious Gourmet Goodies with pride and care for our customers. We are currently searching for a Candy Maker/Confections Cook.
- Some experience in industrial/commercial cooking or confectionary.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write, and speak English.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and varying shifts.
- Repeated lifting of at least 25 lbs., and ability to lift up to 60 Lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
What Will Put You Ahead
· Successful completion of culinary school.
· Specialty culinary courses in candy making, confections or as a chocolatier.
· Fluent in Spanish.
- Contributes to efficient production and packaging of candy through quality, safety, and good manufacturing processes.
- Operates equipment such as dollies, kettles and large pots, in a safe and proficient manner.
- Measure or weigh ingredients, using scales or measuring containers.
- Reads and understands formulas/recipes, measurements, and thermometers.
- Assist in the production of products by working with a small team, keeping quality and safety at the forefront.
- Record data, such as processing steps, temps, cooking time, and batches processed.
- Notifies supervisor of any problems or issues.
- Interact with Management and maintenance personnel to monitor and improve performance of equipment.
- Participate in new product development and ongoing product improvement.
- Operates at desired production rate.
- Performs daily clean-up and sanitation activities.
Salary depends on skills and experience. Family-owned and family-friendly, access to excellent medical, vision & dental plan, and employee discount program. Apply in the form below!